On Thursday July 11, prior to the Symposium, the ICT and the Education Foundation host the scholarship students and their professors for our 4th annual Speed Interview and Network Session with industry employers.
In 2002, the Insurance Council of Texas began raising money for educational scholarships and other academic purposes to support insurance education in Texas colleges and universities. In 2007, the Insurance Council of Texas Education Foundation was created for charitable and educational purposes. It uses its resources to support students enrolled in insurance and risk management courses at Texas colleges and universities.
Key facts about the Education Foundation:
- Since 2002, has awarded over $1.1 million to 500+ students enrolled at 12 Texas colleges and universities
- In 2017, we surpassed the $1 million mark and recognized the milestone during a celebration at the University of North Texas where the one millionth dollar was awarded. Watch the video of this event here.
- Raises funds from corporate donors and individual donations from industry professionals
- Is governed by a nine member board of trustees
- Hosts a silent auction at the Symposium’s Welcome and Networking Reception
In addition to giving scholarships to students, the Education Foundation invites scholarship recipients to attend the ICT/AFACT Property & Casualty Symposium. To help students connect with insurers from around the state and nation, ICT will host its 4th Annual Speed Interview and Network Session. The unique program allows students an opportunity to interview with more than 20 insurance companies and agenices, who are seeking qualified applicants.
Check out last year’s highlights.
2019 SYMPOSIUM EDUCATION ACTIVITIES
Thursday July 11th
|8:30 AM – 9:30 AM
||Registration is open|
|9:30 AM – 10:00 AM
||QuestPro prepares students for interviews|
|10:00 AM – 12:00 PM||4th Annual Speed Interview & Network Session
|11:00 AM – 12:00 PM||Foundation Round Table with professors
|12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
||Networking Lunch for students, professors and companies
Thanks to QuestPro and Higgenbotham for sponsoring our Student Luncheon!